In present time anxiety and panic disorder also become a common problem in adults — both the conditions you face when you are getting stressed from anything. To overcome from this condition, you must go to the doctor and ask for the treatment. Several medicines are there which helps you to treat this problem and Xanax is one of them.
If your doctor prescribes you to take Xanax, then you must tell your health condition to them. Then they recommend the dosage according to your health condition. It comes in two types of tablets – extended release and immediate release tablets.
Your doctor prescribes you dosage after considering some of the factors. They are-
- why it is being taken
- age of the patient
- respond towards treatment
Common guidelines for dosage of Xanax–
- You must take Xanax four times a day.
- Your doctor prescribes you to take the lower dose of Xanax to avoid adverse effects of it.
- A lower dosage is also advice to those people who are elder and suffering from any health diseases.
- Keep away from the children, moisturizer, and heat.
- store it at room temperature
- You should take Xanax with a glass of water and with or without food.
- Do not swallow, beat and crush to take Xanax.
These are the general guidelines which you should remember while taking Xanax.
- If you take too much dosage of Xanax-
Few people think that if they take Xanax in more amounts, then they get a fast result but it is not true. You will face some of the adverse effects of this medicine. If you feel that you take too much dosage of Xanax, then you need immediate help from your doctor.
These symptoms are the sign of that you take too much dosage of Xanax–
- fainting and coma
If you see these symptoms, then you should call your doctor.
- The missed dosage of Xanax
If you forget to take the dosage of Xanax, then take it as soon as possible. If you remember at the time of the next dosage, then you should skip that dosage and continue with your regular treatment. Do not take the extra medicine to cover up the missed dose.
Hope that this information is enough for you to know that how to take the right dosage of Xanax.